Idiot's Convention

Tuesday, December 28

Queen of Queens(land), Part 2

Sorry that I haven't continued that last post, but I've been kinda lazy. And still feeling a bit lazy, since I have Stuck On You, on pause. So I'll try to be quick. Anyway, nobody wants to read a 5 page essay on my trip to Queensland.

Day 1:
Amanda, my youngest sister, had a terrible time on the plane. She started to cry at the end of the plane ride and the flight attendant had to give her something to smell. The apartment that we stayed at was called The Penthouses, it had three bedrooms and was right next to the beach. We were too tired to go anywhere that night so we had a nice dinner of instant noodles in weird containers- we couldn't find the bowls.

Day 2:
Seaworld. I forgot to take the tags off my bag from the plane, so the stickers came off and were all over my back. Anjelica didn't tell me about them right away, and started laughing. So I was walking around with a bunch of barcodes on my back. She told me eventually. We saw the dolphin show and the seal show- the seal show was so funny, but one of the actors was really bad. He's the kind of person that overacts. We also saw polar bears, they're so cute. Amanda cried again when we went to see Planet SOS, which is a 3D movie about the trouble our planet is in. In the first few pics from Queensland, I'm wearing a Red Cross hat, but after Seaworld, the hat is never seen again. I lost it on a water ride- it flew off my head when we were going downhill .When mum went back to Seaworld (she, Alex, Anjelica and Amanda chose to return to Seaworld), she said that she saw it on a rock.

Day 3:
Movieworld. Most of the time here was spent buying stuff. Scott went home with bags of stuff from Movieworld. I also picked up a new hat from here. The Scooby-Doo 2 ride was really funny. For some reason, there was a part where you go up an elevator, so you spend a minute waiting for the elevator. I've never seen that in a ride before. There was also the usual things jumping out at you and weird shadows. Oh, and the Police Academy Stunt Show was awesome! Before the show, there was this clown guy and he made fun of people walking past him. The funniest thing about it was that the people that were being made fun of didn't notice that he was making fun of them! He'd follow someone and tickle their neck with a fluffy thing, and they'd swat it away thinking that it's a fly, then he'd do it again and continue until they turned around. Then he'd look away and pretend to be innocent. His other job was to direct people to seats, but when some people refused to go where he was pointing (he mimed everything), he'd reach into his holster and pull out.... a banana! This couple asked him to take a photo for them, and he looks as though he's going to, then he asks the guy to hold the camera, and gets that guy to take a photo of him and the other guy's girlfriend together!

Day 4:
Wet 'N Wild. Basic waterslide, floating on tubes rides. Nobody else wanted to go on the fun rides, like the really high waterslides. They really missed out. Anjelica and I spend a lot of time teasing Amanda by telling her that we were going to put her on one of those floaty tube things and leave her in the deep end of the wave pool.

Day 5:
We had one of those 3 Park Super Pass things, and you're allowed to use it to return to the park of your choice. Scott, my aunty, my uncle and I decided to return to Movieworld. We suspected that in the stunt show, part of it was set up (4 people were picked from the audience to be in the show, but only one actually did anything). We were right, it was set up. Scott also picked up more souvenirs, and I found Agent Smith sunglasses! I was so happy. Debney(my highs chool, for those of you with a short memory) had a fashion parade when I was in Year 12, and Asha and I were going to go as Niobe and Agent Smith, but I couldn't find the right sunnies to go with the suit. I also had a problem with getting a suit! Tu gave me a Harry Potter costume for Christmas, so I decided to go as HP, but in the morning, being late as usual, I forgot. More photos were taken, and Scott and I went on the Batman Ride. It wasn't really a ride, it was one of those movies with moving seats. On the way back to the apartment, I fell on the bus and sprained my ankle, so decided to pick up some Christmas cards and write to people.

Day 6:
Lazed about the beach, wrote cards, oh, I forgot to mention this weird guy that I met. His name was Alex and he was doing some construction thing on one of the apartments. We started talking, and I got the impression that he was flirting, but then I was thinking that he's one of those people that takes advantage of the girls that go to Queensland during schoolies, so I kinda ignored that. I also wondered what Saman would do. And considering that it was a guy, I doubt Saman would have gone for him either. ^_^ (There's your mention Saman.)It was nice talking to him though, since he had this weird Aussie thing (going to Debney meant that I saw very few Aussie people, and I find them so funny! :D). Anyway, it was on this day that I suspect he was also hitting on my mother! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Day 7:
Last day in Queensland. Got up early because we had to be out of the apartment by 10. My aunty wanted us to leave Queensland as soon as possible so that they could get in as much driving time as they could, so that we'd reach Sydney quickly. But then they go and look at all thte tourist traps along the way- makes no sense to me. We visited a chocolate factory. I saw a milk and white chocolate chess board that I wanted, it looked so good.

Wow, it's getting late. Basics of trip to Sydney and Canberra. Stayed at Taree before reaching Sydney. Ate more Chinese food. Amanda found a little friend called Zong, and we all tease her about him being her boyfriend now. Lost a pair of pants and that Cranky Monkey T-Shirt that I bought with Jing and Jean on our shopping trip. Went to see the Opera House and rode the monorail. Went to Canberra and Parliament house, but didn't see Sam as he had gone to Mt Kosciusko for the day. We drove back to Melbourne, encountering that locust swarm that's been in the news.

Going back to Matt Damon now. Oyasumi.

3 Comments:

  • Oh no!!! Not the cranky monkey t-shirt! AWWWW!!! :(
    This is so tragic Anna! You know what this means though don't you? Yes my dear, we will CERTAINLY have to go shopping again to replace all those lost items...and more...jk jk!

    Anyway QLD sounds like such a blast! I gotta go one of these days, there and New Zealand...must decide which one to go to first...hmmm.

    Well expect something similar to this post appearing one my blog soon...though there will be some major differences in content...i.e. less people, less theme parks...less QLD...more TAS...yeah...

    Cheerio. Thanks for the card by the way! (even though I haven't recieved it as of yet but hey, it's the thought that counts!)

    By Blogger JingleBells, at 12:45 pm, December 29, 2004  

  • i wanna go to queensland!!! Oh and stop scaring your sister. Also, the stickers were my way of punishing you for giving away your skirt! (i am very disappointed young lady)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:43 pm, December 30, 2004  

  • Hey I wanna go back to QLD too! I've never been to Seaworld but OMG you didn't go to Dreamworld? They have great rides. And oh I've also seen the Police Academy stunt and the Batman ride. Oh, did you go see the blue screen room? How about the "Young Einstein" thing. Or perhaps I'm just living in the past (contemporise, man!).

    Anyway, why don't we all go up sometime. I have a house up there...if only there was a way to evict the tenants for a short while and also get furniture and still have the tenants willing to come back afterwards...um...yeah...

    By Blogger Wayland, at 11:15 pm, December 30, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home