Idiot's Convention

Tuesday, November 23

Anna the Food Disposal Unit

For some odd reason, my mum seems to think that I'm the food disposal unit around the house- the same way I think of my dad as the food tester for whenever I try to cook something. If there's leftover food that she doesn't want to keep for the next day, she tries to make me eat it all. On one hand, it means I can eat something right away when I come back from work. On the other hand, it means that every night I go to sleep with a very, very full stomach. And I have to eat everything that nobody else likes to eat (every week, mum cooks salmon mornay, and everyone else is sick of it, so I have to eat it).

Graham is moving to Melbourne (he lives way out in Broadford -it's really far away), and is staying with his sister for the moment, but he's looking for a place for himself. That got me thinking about moving out- for all of about a minute. It'd be an adventure! First I'd have to find some roomies to live with, since I'm hopeless at anything remotely domestic-like.

[Little side story here: Sometime in primary school, I can't remember who brought it up, and Jean, if you remember anything, feel free to add it, since I have the memory of a gold fish. Who are you again? Who are you again? Anyway, Jean, Ting and I planned to live together somewhere. I'm not too sure how well we'd get along if we lived in the same house, but we had all this stuff worked out, like rent, jobs, bills, and we were only in primary school at the time! I wonder what happened to the list that we made.]

To-Do List

Task One: Find a Gay Guy
Gay guys make everything so lively, just look at the Fab Five. Not only would we have a cool looking house, I'd have someone to give me fashion tips so that I don't go out looking like a colour-blind person- which is probably the case now. And if things go well, then I'd have my gay best friend thing covered.

Task Two: Find Female That Has Hopeless Luck with Relationships
What household would be complete without the romantically dysfunctional woman who uses up our entire supply of tissues in one day? Although my people skills are about as good as my golf skills, this is where the gay guy comes in; to take her out for a little retail therapy. Then she could come home and have a bath waiting for her (yes, I can fill a bathtub) and just relax her woes until the next guy comes along.

Task Three: Find a Place to Call Home
If it were a perfect world, then both of the above-mentioned people will go to the same uni, and work around Brunswick, but chances are, that's not going to happen. I'll probably end up in Whoop Whoop (which I consider anywhere outside Brunswick). It'd be a good opportunity to get over the fact that I'm locationally challenged (I got lost today walking from Melbourne Uni to the Royal Exhibition Building).

Task Four: Survive One Week Without Starving to Death
Hmmm, maybe we need another roommate, someone that can cook.

Task Five: Find Someone That Can Cook
Hey, if I could that guy from the Fab Five who can cook, then I'll get two for the price of one! Otherwise, it's just anyone that can stop us from starving to death- well, with all the redecorating, and consoling that we'll be doing, we won't have time to cook anything!

Task Six: Have A Housewarming Party
It's kinda late, considered that we will have survived a week already, but I figure, we should see if this works out before celebrating. And you all better bring presents- like spare light globes, frozen food, a new fridge.




On second thought, at home, I'm near uni, I live across the road from work, I get free food, and board. Hmmm, be a food disposal unit or move out. FDU. Move out. FDU. Move out. What am I complaining about? Living at home rocks!

3 Comments:

  • um... Anna.... when did we discuess moving in together? Maybe my memory is going too. Only mine is a bit like a Brie (a gooey, melty sticky cheese that smells of old socks but is surprisingly yummy)- it captures all the silly debris (flies, bits of old sock, double differentiation) but retains nothing important. Still it sounds like fun... living with gay guys would worry me though. I need my bathroom time.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:59 am, November 24, 2004  

  • Your memory sounds, er.... nice. I guess it must have been me and Ting who came up with it then.

    By Blogger Fodder, at 1:34 pm, November 24, 2004  

  • Moving out! I once raised the subject at dinner...it didn't go down well with my dad I can tell you that. He was sulking for a few days! Wow I never knew parents could get so attached. Although now he's all fine with it I think...although if I really did move out he wouldn't be happy...

    But mmm...moving out would be awesome! A lot less restrictions! I can finally walk around nude..ahem I mean properly dressed...

    Anyway...if only I could afford it...

    By Blogger Wayland, at 9:53 pm, November 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home