Idiot's Convention

Tuesday, July 20

Supreme Ruler of the Universe at Your Service!

Today was the big match. Graham came down from Broadford to challenge me and Tom in a game of Warhammer 40K. We started with a three player free-for-all, with me in the middle defending two towers.
 
Short note- Warhammer 40K is a war gaming game that is set in the future and there are a whole bunch of futuristic races with cool weapons. So basically, in the game you have an army of a particular points vaule (agreed on by all the participants), with certain models worth different points and having different abilities. Stick them all on a table with scenery and fight.
 
Back to the game. I was playing with Eldar, kinda like futuristic elves. Tom was playing Dark Eldar, evil elves. Graham was playing with Necrons (the worst thing about them is that once they die, there's a 50% chance that they can repair themselves and get back up again). We had a roaming band of Orcs, but they spent most of the game trying to run off the table edge...
 
Most of my dudes got ripped up, and my rangers, which are the best shooters in my army, had trouble hitting anything, so I didn't do too well, but it's all training for that one day when I take on the world leaders!
 
Anyway, I'm just writing about this because I'm waiting until midnight so I can change my timetable. Yeah, I'm crazy, but you already knew that.

1 Comments:

  • By the load on the timetable server it looks like a lot of people are crazy. (yep, including me)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 am, July 21, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home