Idiot's Convention

Sunday, July 4

Supermarket Requirements

Have you ever noticed how the females that speak over the PA in supermarkets always have nasal voices? Some of the people that I work with have the nicest voices, yet once they start speaking over the PA, it sounds so nasal. I don't get it. It's like some unwritten supermarket rule: Thou shall not use thy normal voice over the PA. It makes no sense, but I've been told that I do the same thing. My cousin didn't even recognise my voice, or so my sister says.

Oh, and another stupid requirement. Why are we supposed to wear dangly things like scarves and ties? They get in the way! I don't know what they're supposed to do, probably make us look like we're all part of the same team, but at Safeway we have a choice between green and red ties/scarves, and there's also a black tie available. So how does that make us look like we're part of the same team?!

1 Comments:

  • Hmm... i've never really thought about that but now that i have, i've gotta agree... i wish i heard you sounding all nasally! (get your sis to do a recording for me to laugh at!)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:49 pm, July 07, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home